NEW Mission Statement:
CONNECTING Imperfect people to a perfect god by pursuing spiritual growth through his teaching and modeling christ’s love through serving others.
TOP STRATEGIC GOALS
- Connect With God
- Invest in digital platforms for worship & Discipleship.
- Create a culture of small group discipleship & leadership development.
- Daily devotions pushed out digitally.
- Connect With Each Other
- Develop affinity-group ministries for spiritual development, fun, fellowship & service.
- Revitalize church-hosted activities; dinners, concerts, special events, etc.
- Increase and improve ministry activity communications and follow up.
- Connect With The Community
- Outreach through event-hosting in neighborhoods (picnics, bussing, festivals, meat monkey BBQ, etc.)
- Leverage social media and live streaming to reach community.
- Partner with USF to serve students and young adults in the campus area.
Details and plans for specific initiatives will be rolled out soon. Consider where you can help!
OUR CORE VALUES
We met, we voted, and WE decided together on the Core Values of St. James UMC. As a church, we are committed to being centered around Christ in our: